Friday 20 May 2011

I love jars!

I'm obsessed with jars, they're just perfect to dress up and make perfect gifts. I've created these two jars for two people at work for birthday presents, and filled them with boiled sweets. I have so many french labels i've printed off just waiting to be added to jars





 I bought this wooden heart the other day to embellish. I've seen so many in the shops lately but they've all been quite plain. So I bought this one to see what i could do. I just love the pink, duck egg blue and brown colours of the string. It'd look beautiful in a cottage.


My mannequin in my room was overflowing with necklaces, and kept falling over!! So i decided to make a feature of it the other day and add a few butterflies and flowers.

And finally I'm onto my last bit of this post, if you haven't already given up on reading it!
I just thought i'd share with you a few things I have bought to play with. My Mum gave me some really small jars, which will be great to embellish and put bath salts in for presents for people. I also have some beautiful Paris fabric to make a cushion with, and also some wooden letters spelling Paris out. I cant wait to get started on these letters, I have so many ideas for them, I just dont know which ones to choose! If anyone has decorated their own letters before, please give me some tips! 
for now, Aurivour  Natasha xox





4 comments:

  1. oooh I made some bath salts at christmas for a few people and had some ickle jars like yours. I didn't take any pictures of them but I decorated by frosting a pattern with a frosting spray and tying the tops with a gingham ribbon. they were very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jars!!
    i look forward to seeing lots more of your designs. Thanks for your visit to my blog and welcome as a follower.
    Hugs, Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ithanks for the comments :) I want to get some old bottles too and do the same :) Hmmm i might make my own bath salts. looked at soap but seems to complicated haha! im much of a wuss when it comes to things ha
    natasha xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by at I Heart Shabby Chic.blogspot.com - we love these jars! Keep up the good work x x x

    ReplyDelete